Do you believe in readily embracing change, and learning new technologies in an agile and results-oriented working environment? Then we just might have an opportunity for you. We are N-able, a technology solutions company that creates enhanced value, through meaningful business outcomes, for our customers and stakeholders, in the Telecom, Banking and Financial, Public, and Enterprise sectors. N-able was founded in 2008, with a vision to disrupt and transform age-old industries, and to be radical in using technology to ‘do better business’. Today, with a turnover of more than USD 20 million, our 200-plus team of skilled professionals have been responsible for successfully delivering several transformational technology projects the country has seen to date. People are the heart and soul of N-able. people know that our work is ultimately to better serve our customers, which takes sheer skill, commitment, and cross-collaborative teamwork. Which is why we look for individuals with a willingness to learn, share and to adapt, to join our team.
We are going through an organizational transformation journey. We are actively in the market for a Lead Data Engineer to play a role in delivering the strategy of our Data Analytics Team as a seasoned Data Engineer with experience in BI, Warehousing and Data Lakes concepts. If you are passionate about data and would love to work with a highly innovative and motivated data team to drive innovation through the latest technologies, this is the job for you!
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and skills to be an individual contributor and lead others in the data engineering team to build and support batch, real time big data pipeline and technology capabilities on both on-premises and cloud technologies.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the team and take the full technical ownership of the projects.
· Lead the resolution activities for complex data issues.
· Mentor engineers on best practices, design principles, and advanced technologies.
· Collaborate with the team and client to determine functional and non-functional requirements
· Translate business requirements into technical requirements to ensure solutions meet business needs.
· Create and deliver polished presentations to the team, clients, and industry on relevant technology topics
· Assist in the definition of solution architecture that ensures solutions are built within consistent framework.
· Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects.
· Develop Infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines that is consistent with the frameworks.
· Work in an agile environment. Develop and drive multiple cross-departmental projects. Establish effective working relationships across disparate departments to deliver business results.
· Propose and contribute to new solution accelerator offerings to maintain our competitive advantage and reputation for innovation
· A minimum of 5+ years’ experience as Data Engineer with hands on experience of optimizing ETL pipelines, data lake, data warehousing and big data processing.
· Proven experience working with Hadoop eco system including Spark, Hive and HDFS
· Experience of working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data
· Strong knowledge of data modelling and data architecture
· Demonstrated skill set in building real-time data pipelines
· Proficient in programming with SQL, Python, Scala, or Java
· A minimum of 2 + years’ experience in leading and taking ownership of data management solutions
· Demonstrated experience in leading a team of data engineers to deliver data management solutions
· Previous successful leadership experience and comfortable taking ownership of issues and driving resolution.
· Experience in mentoring a team of data engineers.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Good business acumen to interpret complex technical data and present results to business stakeholders
· Proven ability to align technical knowledge to solve business challenges
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English.
· Domain knowledge in banking and telecommunications sectors.
· Hands-on experience with building bigdata pipelines using Talend / Informatica.
· Hands on Experience with Cloudera.
There are so many reasons to join us here at N-able but here are just a few:
· Competitive salary package, commensurate with your skills and experience.
· Tailor your working life to your individual needs with highly flexible working arrangements and ownership-driven outcome-based organizational culture.
· Performance driven workplace culture to increase productivity and workplace morale.
· Opportunity to personalize your job role in a way that feels energizing and helps you stay relevant.
· Access to a pool of passionate experts across data engineering, analytics, data science and project management.
· Access various commercial tools and technologies and certification reimbursement policies to support your professional development.
· And the best part - as a Lead Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and projects, which means no day will look the same.
· Become a vital member of the newly launched global expansion programme.
Access various commercial tools and technologies and certification reimbursement policies to support your professional development.· - And the best part - as a Lead Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and projects, which means no day will look the same. - Become a vital member of the newly launched global expansion programme.